1. *NABARD* has launched *Centre for Climate Change* in *Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.* It is *1st of its kind centre in South East Asia.* It aims at *accelerating concerted climate action* by various stakeholders in government, private, financial and non -government sectors.
2. *India* is going to *host inaugural 2+2 Dialogue* with *United States* in *September 2018* in *New Delhi.* In the inaugural meeting, *MEA Sushma Swaraj* and *Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman* will host *US Secretary of State Michael R. Pompeo* and *US Secretary of Defence James Mattis.*
3. *4th edition* of *BIMSTEC* will be held in *Kathmandu, Nepal* from *30 to 31 August, 2018.* Nepal is the *current chair of BIMSTEC.* The main focus of summit will be to *increase connectivity between BIMSTEC nations* including *roads, airways and transmission lines.*
4. *Power Grid Corporation of India (POWERGRID)* has signed *an MoU* with *Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation (UPPCL)* for *energy efficiency* and *agricultural demand* side management programme.
POWERGRID is contemplating *investment of about Rs 2,200 to 2,500 crore* in these projects, subject to necessary clearances.
5. *10th edition of Delhi Dialogue (DD X)* was held in *New Delhi* and was hosted by *Sushma Swaraj.*
*Theme:_*“ Strengthening India-ASEAN Maritime Cooperation”.
*Delhi Dialogue* is premier annual event to discuss *politico-security, economic and socio-cultural engagement* between *India and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN).*
6. Scientists have approved *three new ages* on *geologic time scale of Holocene Epoch* viz. *Meghalayan Age, Middle Holocene Northgrippian Age and Early Holocene Greenlandian Age .*
These three *new ages of Holocene Epoch* are represented by *wealth of sediments* that accumulated worldwide on *sea floor, on lake bottoms, as glacial ice, and as calcite layers* in *stalactites and stalagmites.* Together the strata of three new stages comprise the *Holocene series.*
7. *National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG)* had organised *Ganga Vriksharopan Abhiyan* in five main Ganga basin states – *Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand and West Bengal .*
The drive was launched on *9th July 2018 for a week upto 15 July 2018* which was observed as *‘Shubharambh Saptah’.*