AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test) Solved Exam Paper 2016
1. The book, ‘On My Terms : From the Grassroots to the Corridors of Power,’ is the autobiography of–
(a) Lal Thanhawla (b) Ram Jethmalani (c) Sharad Pawar (d) Okram Ibobi Singh (Ans : c)
2. 21st Conference of Parties (COP21) on Climate Change was held in November-December 2015 at–
(a) London (b) Singapore (c) Paris (d) New York (Ans : c)
3. Artificial rain is produced by seeding clouds with–
(a) Silver Iodide (b) Potassium Nitrate (c) Copper Sulphate (d) Silver Nitrate (Ans : a)
4. Which of the following parts of India receives rainfall from retreating monsoon?
(a) North East India (b) Tamil Nadu Coast (c) Mahanadi Delta (d) Malabar Cast ( Ans : b)
5. Who was honoured with the Order of Australia, the highest civilian award in January this year?
(a) Yashwant Sinha (b) Vashu Bhagnani (c) Sajeev Koshy (d) Sanjeev Kapoor ( Ans : c)
6. Who among the following was awarded India’s highest peacetime gallantry award, Ashoka Chakra posthumously on 26 January, 2016 ?
(a) Lance Naik Mohan Nath Goswami (b) Lance Naik Albert Ekka
(c) Lance Naik Hanamanthappa Koppad (d) Lance Naik Hemraj ( Ans : a)
7. Which one of the following best explains the occurrence of the solar eclipse?
(a) Position of the Moon ik between Sun and Earth
(b) Position of the Moon between Sun and Earth on a new moon
(c) Both (a) and (b) (d) None of the above ( Ans :
8. Highest Civilian Award, Bharat Ratna was conferred in 2015 to–
(a) Atal Bihari Bajpayee (b) L.K. Advani (c) Jai Prakash Narain (d) Madan Mohan Malviya ( Ans :
9. The indigenously developed Navigational Satellite system is known as–
(a) IRGPS (b) Galileo (c) IRNSS (d) GLONASS (Ans : c)
10. Bajirao was appointed as Peshwa at the age of 20 years under the reign of–
(a) Sambhaji (b) Chhatrapati Shahu (c) Rajaram II of Satara (d) Rajaram Chhatrapati (Ans : b)
11. Which cricketer has been conferred with Col. C.K. Naidu lifetime achievement award in 2015 ?
(a) Bishen Singh Bedi (b) Kapil Dev (c) Mohinder Amarnath (d) Syed Kirmani ( Ans : d)
12. Besides the Qutab Mosque and Qutab Minar, Qutab-ud-din Aibak is said to have built–
(a) Adhai-din-ka jhopra mosque at Ajriler (b) Khirki masjid at Jahan-Panath
(c) Mausoleum of Khan-i-Jahan Tilangani (d) Kila-i-Kuhna mosque at Delhi (Ans : a)
13. Indian Ruler who defeated British in their early stage of rule in India was–
(a) Maharaja Ranjit Singh (b) Mahadaji Scindhia (c) Hyder Ali (d) Tipu Sultan ( Ans : c)
14. Who among the following will head the Judicial Committee on One Rank One Pension (OROP)’ scheme?
(a) Y.V. Reddy (b) L. Narasimha Reddy (c) Sanjay Mishra (d) N.S. Reddy ( Ans : b)
15. The mascot of the South Asian Games conducted in February 2016 was–
(a) Chikor (b) Shera (c) Tikhor (d) Appu ( Ans : c)
16. Who among the following shooters clinched. the 50 m pistol gold at the ISSF World Cup in Bangkok in March 2016?
(a) Jitu Rai (b) Pang Wei (c) Wang Zhiwei (d) Potent Warren ( Ans : a)
17. Which country will host Commonwealth Games in 2018?
(a) New Zealand (b) Australia (c) Scotland (d) Malaysia (Ans : b)
18. The largest concentration of Harappan sites has been found along the–
(a) Sutlej (b) Ghaggar-Hakra (c) Indus (d) Ravi (Ans : c)
19. Heavy water is called heavy because–
(a) It is denser than ordinary water (b) It is an oxide of deuteron
(c) It has a heavy (or bad) taste (d) It has a heavier isotope of hydrogen (Ans : d)
20. Which of the following soils is most conducive for the growth of cotton?
(a) Alluvial (b) Red (c) Laterite (d) Black (Ans : d)
21. India has inked a deal with France to acquire fighter aircraft, Dassault Rafale. Which is the other French fighter aircraft in the inventory of Indian Air Force?
(a) MiG 21 (b) Mirage 2000 (c) AJT Hawk (d) Su-30 Mkl ( Ans : b)
22. Resolution of Puma Swaraj was passed on 26,January, 1930 at–
(a) Haripur (b) Lahore (c) Karachi (d) Calcutta (Ans : b)
23. Deepika Padukone has received Filmfare award 2016 for the Best Actress in the movie–
(a) Bajirao Mastani (b) Happy New Year (c) Tamasha (d) Piku ( Ans : d)
24. The largest Oil Field of Gujarat is in–
(a) Senand (b) Kadi (c) Ankleshwar (d) Kalol (Ans : c)
25. Fundamental Rights are enshrined in the Constitution of India in–
(a) Part I (b) Part III (c) Part IV (d) Part V ( Ans :